As a way to recognize organizations and individuals who have made substantial contributions to the geospatial industry or association, GITA sponsors four formal awards. Two of these awards are for organizations, two are for individuals.They are:
- Innovator Award - The GITA Innovator Award evolved out of GITA's original Pioneer Award, which recognized the technological achievements of early adopters of GIS when few recognized the merits of the then-fledgling technology. Today, this award recognizes the user organizations that have pushed the envelope of geospatial technology through the innovative development of a unique technology, service, or application to produce a new benefit stream for geospatial technology users. More...
- Excellence Award - GITA's Excellence Award was created in 1993 to recognize user organizations for their outstanding application of geospatial technology in six industry categories: electric, gas, pipeline, public works, telecommunications, and water/wastewater. More...
- Lifetime Achievement Award - The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes an individual's outstanding contribution and longstanding commitment to the geospatial industry. More...
- Distinguished Service Award - The Distinguished Service Award is bestowed on an individual for extraordinary personal contribution to the mission and success of the association. More...
Since 2012, GITA awards for the proceeding year have been presented as part of Pipeline Week activities which typically takes place in the Houston,Texas metro during early fall. Consequently, in order for the Awards Committee to have adequate time to consider candidates, select winners, and get the appropriate awards created, the annual cutoff date for ALL nomination submissions is:
- Click the appropriate link below to download the desired nomination form
- Complete the form using the instructions included on the form
- Email the completed nomination to: email@example.com
- If you have not received an email confirming receipt of your submission within 48 hours, please contact us by calling 844-447-4482
Click here to download the ORGANIZATION awards nomination form
Click here to download the INDIVIDUAL awards nomination form