As a way to provide a dynamic ongoing educational experience for GITA's membership and the greater geospatial community, GITA provides free webinars on a regular basis throughout the year. Event specific details and connect information are made available through emails sent out to GITA's membership, postings in the Latest GITA News column, and links provided on this page. Find below information on upcoming events, as well as general connect, technical and support information for GITA webinars. Past webinars can be viewed using links found under Webinars in the Learning Center.
Any item below with a published event link can be added to a personal calendar by clicking the event link and then using the "Add to My Calendar" button found on the site that opens. Depending on browser type, the downloaded event file may have to be "opened/accepted” to complete the insertion into your personal calendar.
- To Be Announced: The National Geospatial Platform, Jerry Johnston, Geospatial Information Officer, US Department of the Interior. With deepest apologies, this January 13, 2014 event had to be cancelled for technical reasons. It is being rescheduled for a later date.
General Connection, Technical and Support Information:
Webinar/Audio Conference Information
- Meeting Number: event specific
- Meeting Password: geospatial
To join a webinar (now from mobile devices!)
- Use the assigned event specific link.
- When prompted, enter your name and email address in boxes on right side of the screen and click "Join”,
- If your computer does not already have the Webex applet installed, accept/allow/run the applet when offered,
- Enter the meeting password from above if requested, and
- Then follow instructions on screen to participate.
To join the audio conference only, using the access code (meeting number) from above
- US TOLL FREE: +1-855-749-4750
- US TOLL: +1-415-655-0001
- Global call-in numbers are available by clicking this link
- Toll-free dialing restrictions are available by reviewing this link
Test your connection before an event - click this link
For online assistance:
- Click this link
- On the left navigation bar, click "Support"