Benefits of Individual Membership:
Creating value for your membership in 2013 and beyond:
- GITA is non-profit professional association dedicated to providing geospatial education and professional development to its members, with special emphasis on the electric, water/wastewater, oil and gas, emergency response, and telecommunications industries.
- Educational services will be delivered through:
- Live webinars and training sessions
- Published white papers and approved trade articles
- Recorded lectures and webinars
- A newsletter
- Product and services reviews (think Underwriters Laboratory for geospatial)
- Research papers and services
- Conferences and related events
- Industry recognition for excellence (scholarship and awards)
- Our services will be delivered primarily online (save for conferences) and created/conducted by volunteers.
- We shall be organized by functional committees coordinated by an Executive Management Team (EMT/Board of Directors)
- Our value propositions (why people should join and participate) are:
- GITA will serve as a registrar and record activities in support of GISP certification and other professional development reports/benchmarks conducted using association materials,
- GITA will serve as an un-biased arbitrator and reviewer of products and services (example: we will compare or review vendor-supplied data sources for a particular industry or perhaps provide a comparison of services offered by firms working in a particular industry) – these will not be "this is best” types of reviews, but rather analysis for completeness, accuracy, and similar – users still decide who/what is best…,
- GITA will conduct relevant industry research,
- GITA members will gain access to geospatial products and services at a discount by using our corporate members,
- GITA members will have direct access to industry leaders engaged in NGAC,FGDC, and GISCI as GITA holds representative seats within these organizations,
- GITA members will receive "Members-Only" pricing at the PennWell-GITA Oil and Gas Pipeline Conference (Houston), ENERGIS (Pittsburg area) and other qualifying events, and
- Our educational content will be first rate, extensive in coverage, and highly available.
Price: $150 (Students: $25)
If you need an invoice for membership fee reimbursement, please contact GITA Membership Services: firstname.lastname@example.org