Membership in GITA helps you track and attain "GIS Professional" (GISP) Certification through the GIS Certification Institute.
Points are earned through:
- Years of Membership in a professional organization
- Active participation on Committees or Boards
- Attending Conferences
- Presenting papers
- Attending other educational events such as Webinars
GITA members can sign in and track these and other activities here in a "Professional Development Journal".
Activities done through this web site can be logged automatically.
- Membership - GITA will automatically enter credits when you renew.
- Committee, Board, or Leadership positions - GITA will add these to your record when we update the web site with your information.
- Events - RSVP for an Event, and then "Check In" when you attend. Credits will be logged in your Journal when you check in.
- Learning Center offerings - For those offerings that have GISP Credit values, complete a brief non-scored "quiz" to enter the credits automatically.
Members can enter Journal records for other activities directly into the Journal by signing in and going to Member Profile - Professional Development.
There are 3 types of GISP Credits. The links below provide more explanation of each, and a list of GITA-based resources.
- Education - includes:
- Credentials (degrees)
- Conferences Attended
- Experience - includes:
- Job Analysis
- Years Worked
- Contributions - includes:
- Professional Association Involvement
- Conference Participation (Leadership)
- Workshop Instruction
- Conference Presentations
- Volunteer Efforts