GITA is non-profit professional association dedicated to providing geospatial education and professional development to its members, with special emphasis on the electric, water/wastewater, oil and gas, emergency response, and telecommunications industries.
Click here to view a webinar that describes the capabilities of the GITA website to support members, chapters, and affiliates.
Please note - As of August 12th, 2014, 'Regular Affiliates' have been renamed 'Standard Affiliates' and 'Vendor Affiliates' have been renamed 'Premium Affiliates'.
Benefits for Individuals & Students
- Education services available to members include:
- Live webinars and training sessions
- Published white papers and approved trade articles
- Recorded lectures and webinars
- Our online newsletter
- Conferences and related events
- Industry recognition for excellence (scholarships and awards)
- Track and attain GISP certification through GITA, including:
- Participation in a variety of committees, regional chapters and the national organization
- Recording educational, professional and contributory experience in our database
- Engaging in GITA's ongoing professional development offerings
- Network with your peers in industry, across diverse background and geographies. GITA features include:
- Member profiles, including personal blogs, file libraries and professional histories and interests
- A searchable directory of GITA members and organizations
- Member messaging, job board postings, and event calendaring and registration
- Receive pricing discounts for purchases and services through our affiliates and sponsors, as well as registration discounts for GITA-sponsored events
- An educational affiliation provides broad access to the benefits of GITA membership to students and faculty such that they may learn and develop professionally within an industry context. In essence, the low cost of an educational affiliation helps academia “keep in touch”.
Benefits for Standard Affiliates
- 5 individual memberships for your organization ($750 value if purchased separately), with additional memberships available at $100 each
Benefits for Premium Affiliates
- 10 individual memberships for your organization ($1500 value if purchased separately), with additional memberships available at $100 each
- The opportunity to serve as a webinar sponsor at least once a year (a Premium Affiliate may provide 3 minutes of information about their products and services at the start of a GITA webinar and request that their logo is placed on the presenter’s slide deck in a low-key fashion)
- The opportunity to post products and services in our online store (coming soon), provided Premium Affiliates offer a 5% discount to GITA members
- Access to GITA research and development products, including the ability to suggest, sponsor, and/or participate in cooperative, vendor-neutral research efforts
- Discounted exhibitor rates at the PennWell-GITA Oil and Gas Conference and other GITA sponsored events
Benefits for Sponsors
- Advertising opportunities on the GITA website