Call for Nominations to the GITA Board
The board of
directors is currently soliciting nominations to the board of directors.
A minimum of three
seats on the board will become vacant at the end of the 2016. Therefore, the executive management team is
soliciting nominations for interested and active GITA members who would like to
contribute to the ongoing success of the organization by volunteering their
time and talents to serve GITA and the larger geospatial community via service
on the board.
The executive management team is especially
interested in candidates who can assist us with:
- Organizational leadership and
- Help formulate policies and procedures
- Assist with financial management
- Develop and oversee program planning
- Promote GITA, its local chapters,
regional and national events
- Serve as a representative to other
associations, industry groups and governmental agencies
- Assist in fundraising and outreach
should be willing to:
- Attend and participate in monthly
teleconference meetings on a regular basis
- Attend a minimum of one face to face
meeting per year.
- Participate on a standing committee of
- Be alert to industry concerns that may
be addressed by GITA’s mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate GITA’s mission and
programs to the geospatial community.
- Participate in national and local
Interested, in assisting us?
Please submit a letter of interest along with a current
resume or CV to email@example.com
All candidates should be members in good standing of GITA,
and at the very least have the support of their employer or sponsoring
organization. Nominations should be
November 4, 2016
shall be reviewed by the executive committee, and candidates deemed meeting the
qualifications shall be placed on the ballot for a vote of the membership.
GITA is on the move,
our slogan is: “The Geospatial Association for Your Future”, we hope that you
would consider being a big part of “OUR FUTURE” by volunteering for service on
A more detailed outline of a GITA director’s duties can be
Duties of the Board