NISC Board Nominations Due in 3 Days
Sunday, November 22, 2015
The National Information Sharing Consortium (NISC), a GITA partner organization, is looking for nominations to fill three open Director seats and one open international liaison seat on the NISC Board. These open seats have resulted from NISC Directors reaching their term limits or retiring from their professional position. Consequently, NISC is looking for motivated individuals interested in a career enhancing opportunity to join the NISC Board and help shape the organization's mission and activities in the years ahead.
If you are interested in serving as the GITA representative to the NISC Board, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Wednesday November 25, 2015.
- Email address
- Relevant experience, expertise, etc. that would make you a good candidate for the NISC Board
The NISC Board is seeking to have a Board that represents the entire membership of the NISC. Diversity in membership and diversity of Board members – by profession, jurisdiction, and geography – is a core focus of the NISC. Continued diversity in the Board ensures that each community is represented in decision making and helps target recruitment and partnership building. Currently, the Board is significantly lacking in GIS community involvement when compared against member organizations.
In general, Board members are expected to attend monthly Board teleconference meetings, and to assist with NISC activities and programs in coordination with other Directors and NISC support staff. Terms last for two years.
CURRENT NISC BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Doug Eades, Chair - Systems Integration Manager, Kentucky Emergency Management
- Jonathon Monken, Vice Chair - Vice President, U.S. Operations at Electric Infrastructure Security (EIS) Council
- Kate Hale, Secretary - Emergency Management Administrator, James City County, Virginia, Emergency Management
- Sarah Seiler, Treasurer - Regional Coordinator, Metrolina Healthcare Preparedness Coalition
- Barney Krucoff - Geographic Information Officer, Maryland Department of Information Technology
- Bryan Koon – Director, Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Major General William N. Reddel III - Adjutant General, New Hampshire National Guard
- Eddie Reyes - Deputy Police Chief, Police Department, City of Alexandria, Virginia
- Chris Tubbs - Fire Chief, Southern Marin Fire District/City of Sausalito