The leadership of GITA believes that only by operating with full transparency can it develop and maintain the trust of the membership it serves. For that reason, find on these pages links to information about GITA's annual business meetings, Board of Directors, business operations, determinations, identification numbers, and tax filings.
Annual Business Meeting
Typically held during the last month of the year, the annual business meeting is open to the general membership and reviews the Association's operations during the preceding year. Goals for the year ahead are also discussed.
- 2016 - Thursday, December 8, 2016, 1:00 PM CST: Annual Business Meeting of the Association was conducted online. Click here for playback. Click here to view as a PPT.
- 2015 - Wednesday, December 9, 2014, 2:00 PM CST: Annual Business Meeting of the Association was conducted online. Only available as a PPT presentation. Click here.
- 2014 - Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 3:00 PM CST: Annual Business Meeting of the Association was conducted online. Click here for playback. (Meeting begins at 00:04:15). Click here to view as a PPT.
- 2013 - Wednesday, December 18, 2013, 4:00 PM CST: Annual Business Meeting of the Association was conducted online. Click here for playback. Click here to view as a PPT.
Board of Directors
Elections to fill open seats on the Board of Directors are held in the last quarter of the year with results announced in December.
As a member-led nonprofit organization, the GITA Board of Directors serves as the Association's executive management team. The Board uses the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits Principles and Practices for Nonprofit Excellence as the corporate guidepost document for ongoing operations. Those nonprofit business principles and practices are functionally carried out through the following documents:
Under an IRS ruling initially released in 1982, GITA is a 501(c)3 tax exempt nonprofit. GITA is thereby required to obtain and maintain ongoing determinations from applicable federal and state regulators. Although business operations are managed through an office in St. Paul, Minnesota, GITA currently maintains its corporate residence in the state of Colorado. Find below links to the applicable determinations:
GITA's various business identification numbers are as follows:
- Canadian Business Number: 83852 8495 RT 0001
- DUNS number: 1154973150000
- Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN): 84-0891781
Links to GITA's recent IRS tax documents can be found below:
In addition, GITA’s financial records are available for public review upon request. Please contact the Association President for copies.